takk for minnene

ποταμοῖσι τοῖσιν αὐτοῖσιν ἐμϐαίνουσιν, 
ἕτερα καὶ ἕτερα ὕδατα ἐπιρρεῖ



In Plato's dialogues, specifically talking about Cratylus, Socrates recalls a phrase that I want to accentuate for the occasion: "Heracleitus is supposed to say that all things are in motion and nothing at rest; he compares them to the stream of a river, and says that you cannot go into the same water twice". It was while swimming in the freezing-cold fjord that I thought of this. I didn't feel the same. It was not possible for me, after all of these months full of impressions, to barely feel that way. Home is where the heart is. At this point, I'm dragging my dearest pastry.shop high through the snowy Norwegian mountains, poorly imitating Fitzcarraldo, to my current location. But it would be intensely unfair to say that this is the only place I call home. I feel myself stretching with tight fingertips through these thousands of kilometers whom lay a seven hour distance, longing for the formula that can let me shrink this world a little bit. While this unannounced hiatus I experienced various anecdotes that I undoubtedly want to share with you gradually, if I can somehow rely on my slothful memory, do expect some changes in the aesthetic and spirit of my thoughts as I'm suffering a metamorphosis, a rebirth, moving from home to home, haunting the writer in me and all the letters left unsaid and unwritten, chasing the white rabbit, my eternal Utopia, finding my new self in the process. I do not regret nor apologize for the lack of ink, since it was not some kind of disregard, I just needed an inspiration bath.



-panqué




Popular Posts